Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Board Game Renaissance

Every year our family gets a board game for Christmas, but this year Tamara and I couldn't find anything we wanted or didn't have. I found this website www.boardgamegeek.com where I saw that classics like Risk ranked 3520 and Monopoly ranked 4316. The site introduced me to a whole new world of board games that Wal-Mart just didn't offer. So we thought we'd would try these games out and they have been a hit with our family and friends. It's been fun to try something different and I really like the strategy involved with the games we have tried. Our new favorite games so far are:

Ticket to Ride (play for free at www.daysofwonder.com)








Carcassonne (Place tiles to create a city and score points)









Settlers of Zarahemla (LDS version of the popular Settlers of Cattan)








Sceneit? Sqabble (Great to play with couples for guys vs gals)

No comments: